Former MISFITS frontman Michale Graves has just released "Demos and Live Cuts Vol. 1", an Internet-exclusive collection of "demos, pre-production drafts and live outtakes from CBGB in New York City."
Commented Graves: "I have always found it intriguing when artists release demos. To me, it seems to pull away some of the polish and give the listener the opportunity to hear the songs in a more infantile form. As a musician and an artist it is especially cool to hear the demos and preproduction drafts of artists I admire because it pulls the curtain back and showcases the song and the musician on a level I can relate to. I do a lot of creating and recording right here in my office/studio/closet. I know a lot of my fans do to. I hope too that some of my young fans will be inspired when they hear these tracks to keep working at their own dreams as I work at mine tirelessly."
"Demos and Live Cuts Vol. 1" track listing:
01. Almost Home (Octopod Studio Demo - Melancholy Mix)
02. Creepy Crawly (Octopod Studio Demo - Mopes Mix)
03. Dead Beat (Octopod Studio Demo - Psycho Mix)
04. Lucifer, I Am (Demo)
05. Frostbite (Demo)
06. I Like To Watch Them
07. Shoelace (Original Demo)
08. Dig Up Her Bones / Crying On Saturday Night (Live CBGB '06)
09. Almost Home (Live Acoustic CBGB '06)
10. Blackbird (Original Demo)
11. Thousand Cracks Of Daylight
12. The Blackness and the Forest
To view the LP artwork and buy the album, click here.