"Whiskey Road", a never-before-heard song that features late PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott on vocals and all the instruments, can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below. The track was recorded in 2001, during the last leg of PANTERA's "Reinventing The Steel" tour in the U.S., and is being premiered by Guitar World magazine as part of its Dimebag tribute in the February 2015 issue, which will hit newsstands and readers' mailboxes this week.
Among Guitar World's exclusive Dimebag-themed offerings are:
* A private tour of the late guitarist's estate in Arlington, Texas, featuring his most cherished guitars and memorabilia
* The Guitar World guide to the "25 Greatest Pantera Songs Of All Time"
* An interview with metal producer Terry Date, who reflects on his days in the studio with PANTERA
* An interview with ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian, who recalls how he nearly drank himself to death on the road with PANTERA
* Plus a gallery of Dimebag Darrell art and tattoos from Guitar World readers, who continue to express their devotion to the late guitarist.
Dimebag was shot to death along with three others during a DAMAGEPLAN performance at the Alrosa Villa nightclub in Columbus, Ohio in December 2004.
Dimebag was posthumously inducted into the Hollywood RockWalk in May 2007 in a ceremony attended by Vinnie Paul, their father Jerry Abbott and Dimebag's longtime girlfriend, Rita Haney, along with members of ALICE IN CHAINS, ANTHRAX, KISS, SLAYER and Ozzy Osbourne's band.