Former and current members of AC/DC, DIO, WHITESNAKE, RATT, DOKKEN, THIN LIZZY and MEGADETH are among the musicians who are scheduled to take part in the '80s Rockers For Japan benefit concert on Saturday, April 16 at Harper's in Reseda, California. Organized by singer Terry Ilous (XYZ, GREAT WHITE), the show will feature musicians from some of the '80s most popular rock and metal bands.
Ilous and Jeff Paris have written a song and are creating a video that will feature many of the participating musicians. The song will be recorded, and the video shot, live at the benefit event. It will subsequently be available on iTunes. Proceeds from the event and sales of the track and video will be donated to the American Red Cross Japan earthquake and Pacific tsunami relief efforts.
"Japan has always been very supportive of our kind of music, and this is our small way of giving back," says Ilous.
Musicians who are scheduled to appear (subject to change):
* Chris Slade (AC/DC, THE FIRM)
* Rudy Sarzo (DIO, QUIET RIOT, WHITESNAKE, OZZY OSBOURNE, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT)
* Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, BILLY IDOL)
* Richie Kotzen (POISON, MR. BIG)
* Juan Croucier (RATT)
* Jon Levin (DOKKEN)
* John Payne (ASIA)
* Teddy Zigzag (GUNS N' ROSES)
* James Lomenzo (MEGADETH, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY)
* Marco Mendoza (THIN LIZZY, WHITESNAKE)
* Robin McAuley (SURVIVOR, MSG)
* Simon Wright (DIO, AC/DC, UFO)
* Robert Sarzo (HURRICANE)
* Mitch Perry (MSG, ASIA, EDGAR WINTER)
Other vocalists contributing to the benefit song include Don Dokken and Paul Shortino. The show will also feature guitarist Michael Thompson, an American musician well known in Japan. Line6 will provide the backline and Spaun Drum Company will provide all drums.
A live streaming broadcast will be made available via Front Row Entertainment (Frontrowent.tv) and viewers will be able to watch the event for free online; a link to the Red Cross will be provided and the musicians who are participating request that those watching make a small donation.